Thursday, August 6, 2009

“The Business Question Of The Week”

What’s your take on the international arena at this point in time, and how the turmoil overseas affects our economics and well being back at home in the United States?

Asked by Jared Sinaka from New York City

Omar Tyree Answers:

Well, first of all, it’s been quite a while since I’ve answered any business blog questions or otherwise. Once I traveled out to Hollywood, California, I’ve been very preoccupied with my own career in the television and film world of entertainment as a show and film creator and writer. And that’s how I will answer your question.

We have President Barack Obama, and Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton, both dealing with the international scene as best they can at this point, while of course, being swamped by so many economic issues that are taxing us at home. Now I read a newspaper article just yesterday, where the writer had the opinion that the present foreign policymakers lack experience and muscle, strictly because they are not intent on bullying the rest of the world like the America of the past.

Well, it takes a lot of money, effort and time to bully the world, and we don’t have those resources at our disposal right now. So unless folks you folks are ready and willing to start what could become the final world war of humanity, with Iran and North Korea, we have to continue to keep our cool, like Obama and Clinton, while pulling together our own house in America. Literally!

On the other hand, when you’re not able to concentrate on foreign issues, either as a nation or as individuals, we also run the risk of allowing turmoil to go unchecked until we are no longer able to pull the situation back into order. Nevertheless, life will ALWAYS find ways to challenge us no matter what we do. So either way, America will continue to be challenged by the events of the international world just like everyone else. But I don’t see the rest of the world panicking. They all deal with it like mature nations who have been through it all before, and have survived it.

Personally, I have to admit, I am more focused on Team Tyree right now and making sure I can continue to map my laps back and forth across the pool of life to provide the economics and poise that are needed for the survival of my own nuclear family in these hard economic times. So I will leave it up to the Team USA and their foreign policy positions to work out their jobs to protect our interest and safety worldwide. Anything more than that from me would be a stretch at this time. My hands are full.

But my idea is that a strong home and family makes us a stronger nation abroad. But if we have folks who neglect their own households to concern themselves about the issues of the world at this point, when the world settles back into comfort, we will only return home to find ourselves in a battle there. So pick your poison, and select your medicine. But for me, the choice is definitely family first. America first! And we let the foreign policy officials do their jobs with more faith. That’s what we all have to have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment